Photo from Landstar Village
Looking to make life a little more efficient around the kitchen? Follow these 8 kitchen lifehacks to make things a little easier for you!
- When freezing ground beef, place it into a large resealable bag and flatten it out before placing it in the freezer. When you’re ready to cook it, it’ll thaw out much faster.
- Track the temperatures of your freezer to monitor any power loss by freezing a cup of water and placing a coin on the top. Since water takes a long time to melt in a freezer, if the coin is at the bottom of the cup, it will tell you that the food inside has spoiled. This is especially useful if you’re going on a trip.
- Wrap the stems of a bunch of bananas in plastic wrap to keep them from spoiling as quickly.
- You can peel cloves of garlic very quickly by placing them inside a container and shaking it for 5-10 seconds.
- Place a wooden spoon across a pot of boiling water to slow it from boiling over. Remember to always be in the kitchen when cooking!
- When heating leftovers in the microwave, space the food out and leave space in the center. This will heat the food much more evenly.
- Not sure if your eggs are spoiled? Drop them in a cup of water. If they sink, they’re still good!
- Frozen sponges make for great ice packs! Run a sponge under water and place it inside a sandwich bag, then freeze it and you have a perfect ice pack to keep food fresh in your lunchbox.